Last Updated: 18th July, 2020
Syncly (“Syncly”, “we”, or “us”) value the integrity of your personal data and aim to process your personal data fairly and transparently. We want you to feel confident using our services, and this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) is to help you understand and describe how we collect, use, and disclose your information.
In subscribing to our services, filling in a contact form on our website (https://www.syncly.fr) or other sites owned by us (Syncly SAS), or otherwise using our services, you agree and accept that we may gather, process, store and/or use the personal data submitted in accordance with the rules set forth below.
The processing of personal data by us is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
By giving your consent to us, you also retain the right to have your personal data rectified, to be forgotten and/or to be erased.
Personal data is collected on our website by Syncly SAS, a company registered under the laws of France under number 887 703 841 with the Paris Trade & Companies Register, and having its registered office at 64 rue d’Amsterdam, 75009 Paris, France.
As a web-based service provider, we may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you such as:
• log-in details and information you provide as an account holder when you register with the Service (Log-In Information);
• contact information we collect from you as an account holder about you or your employees (for example, names, addresses, contact addresses, telephone numbers and email address provided to us by you or by your employer) (“Contact Information”);
• certain information which is contained in a third party service or calendar account (e.g. Google Calendar account) which you have linked with your Syncly account (“Calendar Information”), any data we do collect from a third party service will be used strictly in accordance with this policy;
• a record of the bookings made through the Service and information relating to each individual booking (time, location etc.) (“Booking Information);
• information relating to payment transactions which is collected where we collect payment on behalf of our account holder (but we do not collect credit card information which is sent directly from the user to our payment processor) (“Payment Information”);
• when you use Syncly, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
• if you are a customer of our account holder and our account holder has connected with us via Stripe Connect (allowing us to collect payment on the Site) then we may have access to your payment history with our account holder, even if you are not a user of the Site. We will not seek to access nor will we process any data other than data specifically relating to our users and payments made via the Site. We will restrict access to any such information and we will also take steps to remove our access to any non-relevant data.
The principal purpose of collecting your personal data is to offer you a safe, optimum, efficient and personalised experience. To this end, you agree and accept that we may use your personal data to:
• improve your browsing experienceby personalizing the Websites ;
• develop and improve our products and services ;
• send information or Syncly content to you which we think may be of interest to you by email and send you marketing communications relating to our business ;
• contact you about billing, account management, and other administrative matters;
• inform you about our services as well as our partners’ services and/or promotional offers;
• investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse ; or
• meet legal requirements.
We use the personal data submitted to us only in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
You may unsubscribe from receiving any newsletter and marketing emails we may send you at any time by following the unsubscribe link included in every newsletter and marketing email sent to you by Syncly.
Without systematically doing so, we may analyse and track the click rates and the number of emails sent which you open to assess performance rates on our emailing campaigns.
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
• if you are an account holder we will share information about your free and busy times from any third party calendar account (e.g. Google Calendar account) which is linked with your account to anyone who is seeking to make a booking using the Service (please note that any data held on any third party calendar service will be subject to their privacy terms);
• if you are an account holder we will share information contained in any booking form or other content created by you with anyone who is seeking to make a booking using the Service;
• if you are a Customer making a booking we will supply any information you provide to us to our account holder;
• payment information may be provided to our payment processors;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
You have the following data protection rights :
• you can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information ;
• in accordance with the French Data Protection Law of 6 January 1978 as amended, and, as of May 25th 2018, the GDPR, you have the right to access, correct, request the portability, request the deletion, and/or oppose the processing of your personal data, under the conditions provided by the GDPR;
• you may request to exercise your rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within a few days of receiving it, but may need up to 30 days to inform you of our decision to process it or not (unless specific circumstances justifying a longer processing time apply, in which case you will be notified). We may require that your request be accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity or authority.
The cookies used by Syncly are intended to enable or facilitate communication, to enable the services requested by users to be supplied, to recognise users when they revisit the site, to store the first referrers of traffic, to register logged-in sessions, to measure impact of ad campaigns and to enable Syncly, internally, to carry out analyses on hit rates and browsing experience so as to improve content, and to track email opening rates, click rates and bounce-back rates at individual levels.
Certain personal data relating to you collected on our website may be forwarded to Syncly’s partner companies or third party providers so that we may obtain assistance and support in the context of carrying out our services. Syncly ensures that it has in place clear data protection requirements for all of its third party providers.
In no case does Syncly sell, share or rent out your contact lists to third parties, nor does it use them for any purposes other than those set forth in this policy. We will use the information from your contact lists only for legal requirements, to invoice and collect summaries for our own statistics and for the purposes of providing you with customer support services.There is certain information we collect for which we are not the data controller. We hold this information as a ‘data processor’, this includes Calendar Information, Booking Information, and Booking Form Information. Our account holder is the data controller for this data. In this capacity, you are responsible in particular for:• making all the declarations necessary to the relative data protection authority;• complying with all current regulations in force, including the data protection laws;• obtaining the explicit consent of the persons concerned when collecting their personal data;• ensuring your authority to use the personal data collected in accordance with the defined end purposes and refraining from any unauthorised use.
Syncly retains the personal data it collects about you in active databases, log files or other types of files so long as you use our services, and in accordance with the current regulations in force.We retain the personal data we collect for so long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
The host servers on which Syncly processes and stores its databases are located exclusively within the European Union.Syncly will inform you immediately, to the extent we are legally authorised to do so, in case of any application or order originating from an administrative or judicial authority relating to your personal data.
We have taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information we collect.
Thus and in accordance with the GDPR, Syncly undertakes to take all pertinent precautions in order to preserve the security of the data and, in particular, to protect them against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, corruption, unauthorised circulation or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or disclosure to unauthorised persons.To this end, Syncly implements industry standard security measures to protect personal data from unauthorised disclosure. In using industry recommended methods of encoding, Syncly takes the measures necessary to protect information connected with payments and credit cards.
Syncly takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We work hard to protect the personal data that you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, or disclosure.
Moreover, in order to avoid in particular all unauthorised access, to guarantee accuracy and the proper use of the data, Syncly has put the appropriate electronic, physical and managerial procedures in place with a view to safeguarding and preserving the data gathered through its services.Notwithstanding this, there is no absolute safety from piracy or hackers. That is why in the event a breach of security were to affect your rights, Syncly undertakes to inform you thereof without undue delay and to use its best efforts to take all possible measures to neutralise the intrusion and minimise the impacts.